Year 6 – @Bl6Plascrug
Welcome back to a brand new term.
Croeso nol i dymor newydd. Mrs A Jones/ Miss R Hughes
- PE Kit is to be worn to school on Mondays and Fridays.
- All pupils need to bring their reading book and reading record to school every day. Pupils should also be reading at home for approximately 20 minutes a day.
- Multiplication tables should be practiced daily by all pupils in order to support them during their maths and numeracy lessons (TT Rockstars).
At the beginning of this term, our Year 6 pupils were given the opportunity to choose their theme. The majority chose World War 2, which is a fantastic theme that can be incorporated throughout the curriculum, such as solving World War 2 mathematical word problems and creating/performing an evacuation song.
In terms of the Cwrricwlwm Cymraeg, the pupils will be researching the effect that World War 2 had on Wales and Aberystwyth, and will be questioning locals who miraculously lived through the War.
All of our lessons in Year 6 will be planned around the Four Purposes in order to support the pupils to become:
- Ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives.
- Enterprising, creative contributors who are ready to play a full part in life and work.
- Ethical, informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
- Healthy, confident individuals who are ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch via email.